Independent Distributor - A good way to think of this is like a membership (like Costco or Sam's Club). You buy a
one time "Starter Kit" and then you receive wholesale pricing (24% off retail). You can buy
any of Young Living's Products whenever you choose or however often you choose.
Customer - You simply buy the products just as you would buy anything online and pay full retail.
Be Successful.......Be Young Living
Click hereto learn the difference between a Customer and an Independent Distributor?
- What is the difference between an Independent Distributor and a Customer?
What is a Member Number (also known as Independent Distributor Number)?
Questions about the form above
- Why does Young Living need my social security number for an Independent Distributor but not for a Customer?
Error Message?Click here
(Internet Explorer users may experience an error message)
Here's a simple explanation:
- A Member number is an identification number Young Living assigns to all of its Independent Distributors
- Member numbers allow the person who referred you to Young Living's products a way to be rewarded and compensated for their efforts
- The social security number is only required because an Independent Distributor has the opportunity to earn commissions. If a distributor earns over a specific amount, Young Living would need to report it to the IRS when taxes are filed. Once the social security number has been entered into Young Living's system, there are a limited number of employees that can view the number, for tax reasons. It is not available to view on file, and it is not used for any other reasons.
- A Customer does not earn commissions therefore there is no need for a social security number